UV Intensity Labels for UV Exposure Measurement
The CONTROL-CURE® UV INTENSITY LABELS™ photochromic intensity indicators are a basic, reliable, low cost, simple, in-house method of monitoring UV intensity. When exposed to UV, the yellow labels undergo a gradual color change from yellow to blue that is directly related to the energy value received.
Made from the same exclusive material as the UV FastCheck Strips™, the The UV Intensity Labels™ (N010-005) have the same color changing principle as the Strips, but they have only 1 color changing square. The UV Intensity Labels have a sensitivity range that is perfect for visual inspection of UV energy levels. The UV-C Intensity Labels (N010-004) offer an improved response to the UV-C spectrum, providing a better visual indication for lower power germicidal applications.
The adhesive backed label is placed on a sample product or substrate and processed to proper cure rate. The color deviation can easily be measured with a spectrophotometer to record color change or by comparing the colors to test labels created to known operating standards to determine lamp failure or processing inconsistency. NOTE: For best results, observe color change immediately after exposure to UV light as label may change.
If used on a regular basis, they can detect equipment problems at an early enough stage to prevent lengthy shutdowns. Daily tests can easily indicate a step by step calibration for an accurate reference within each batch. The use of a Digital Tachometer can help insure repeatable results.
Suggested Use: the ConTrol-Cure® Intensity Labels™ are especially useful in systems where other instruments are not practical, such as 3-D curing, web coating, container printing, medical sterilization, etc.
- The UV Intensity Labels™ measure the entire UV spectrum
- Accurate visual determination of UV dose made possible
- Monitor UV dose in difficult-to-access curing environments
- Detect UV lamp degradation and equipment failures
- Provide the user with periodic assurance that their UV source is performing to expectations
- Greater rate of color change provides clearer, more precise UV dose determination
- Determine the dose profile in the 3D curing chambers or across wide webs to ensure even cure
- Measure the dose of sunlight in outdoor curing applications
- Evaluate and compare multiple UV light sources
SPECIFICATIONS: The UV Intensity Labels™
- The UV Intensity Labels™ are available in packages of 990 labels (9 sheets of 110 labels per sheet.)
- The UV Intensity Labels™ Dimensions: ¾"H x 1"W (19mm x 25mm).
SPECIFICATIONS: UV-C Intensity Labels
- UV-C Intensity Labels are available in packages of 550 labels (10 sheets of 55 labels per sheet.)
- UV-C Intensity Labels Dimensions: 1/2"H x 3/4"W (12mm x 19mm).
- Shelf life is currently rated at 12 months minimum.
- Usage well beyond current rating is possible with proper storage.
- Store in the original packaging out of direct light and away from excessive heat or moisture.
- Store package flat, not vertical.
- Ideal storage location is within a cool and dry location like a drawer.
Great for school science projects and science fairs, as they are simple to use and are able to demonstrate the levels of Ultraviolet intensity.