Cabled Detector Radiometers for UV Lamp Intensity Measurement
We have several different cabled detector radiometers available. The Silverline and Versaprobe Radiometers listed below are our most popular models.
SILVERLINE UV RADIOMETER
The Silverline Radiometers are rugged, probe-style UV measurement devices. These simple-to-operate radiometers measure UV Intensity (mW/cm²).
The Silver Line radiometers have 2 resolution settings. The “x1” setting displays UV intensities from 0 to 19.99 mW/cm², while the “x10” setting displays from 0 to 199.90 mW/cm². The rugged metal-housed sensor is capable of withstanding high temperatures and moderate shock. While exposed to the heat of UV curing lamps, the Silver Line radiometer probe can withstand 110°C (230°F) for up to 10 seconds. The temperature of the housing should not exceed 45°C (113°F).
An Auto Off function shuts down the unit after one minute of inactivity to save battery energy.
The Silver Line has re-chargeable batteries and come with a battery charger.
The Silver Line series offers 4 models, each measuring a different UV wavelength:
- UV-A: 315 - 400nm
- UV-B: 280 - 315nm
- UV-C: 230 - 280nm
- Full UV: 230 - 410nm
- Max. Power Input: Sensor input to 1,000 W/cm²
- Display: LCD, 4 digits
- Range x1: 0 - 19.99 mW/cm²
- Range x10: 0 - 199.90 mW/cm²
- Base Accuracy: ±5%
- Power Source: 2 x 3.6V Lithium Battery
- Dimensions (housing): 5.5"H x 2.75"W x 0.5"D (140 x 70 x 13mm)
- Dimensions (sensor): 1.6"Diameter x 0.4"D (40 x 10mm) - 1m length
- Weight: 200 g
VERSAPROBE PRO INTEGRATOR & COMPORT RADIOMETERS
+ UV-peak intensity mW/cm2
+ UV-dose mJ/cm2
+ USB ComPort (Option)
+ Graphic chart on computer (Option)
+ Re-chargeable accu and charger
The VERSAPROBE PRO RADIOMETERS are a self-contained, high quality UV measuring instrument. It is designed to measure and display UV energy in mW/cm2. An additional function is the scan of the peak value of UV-intensity in mW/cm2 and to measure the UV dose in mJ/cm2 within a pre-set period of 30/60 seconds. In the standard version it is equipped with one UV sensor for the measuring of:
Full UV spectral area 230 – 410 nm (Standard)
Due to its UV sensor and the integrated microprocessor the UV-Probe Integrator can measure and display the peak UV-intensity of the full UV spectrum (mW/cm2). Additionally, this UV-Probe Integrator is calculating the UV-dosage (mJ/cm2) of the UV energy supplied during the time of exposure of one measuring cycle. The UV-dosage is calculated as the total Integral of UV-dosage over the full UV spectral bands.
The removable, probe-type sensor is connected to the base unit by a cable of approx. 1 meter (40”) length. In the function “Direct” the actual UV-energy in mW/cm2 supplied to the sensor is measured. The function “Scan” will start a 30/60 second measuring cycle of both, UV-intensity and UV-dose. After completion of the measuring cycle the measuring results can be scrolled through on the built in 2 x 16 digit LCD display. A special AUTO-OFF feature that turns off the unit automatically after one minute serves as energy saving and extension of the battery service life.
As an option, this microprocessor integrator is available with an USB ComPort and an evaluation software for downloading the data to a computer to show, edit and store a history of the measuring results of the entire measuring cycle as graphic and numeric charts (mW/cm2) and (mJ/cm2) The UV-Probe Microprocessor Integrator is available in five different measuring ranges:
- UV-Probe Integrator, Type 1 UV-V (Diazo) 350 – 460 nm
- UV-Probe Integrator, Type 2 UV-A 315 – 410 nm
- UV-Probe Integrator, Type 3 UV 230 – 410 nm (STD)
- UV-Probe Integrator, Type 4 UV-B 280 – 315 nm
- UV-Probe Integrator, Type 5 UV-C 230 – 280 nm
Comport Probe Integrator
- UV-ComPort Probe Integrator, Type 1 UV-V (Diazo) 350 – 460 nm
- UV-ComPort Probe Integrator, Type 2 UV-A 315 – 400 nm
- UV-ComPort Probe Integrator, Type 3 UV 230 – 410 nm (STD)
- UV-ComPort Probe Integrator, Type 4 UV-B 280 – 315 nm
- UV-ComPort Probe Integrator, Type 5 UV-C 230 – 280 nm
- Spectral range: UV 230 – 400 nm (Standard) or other
- Max. Power Input 0 to 5,000 mW/cm2
- Display: LCD, 2x16 digits
- Display range: 0 to 60,000 mJ/cm2
- Measuring range: 0 to 2,000 mW/cm2
- Sampling rate: 0.005 sec (200/sec)
- Recording cycle: 30 sec.
- Power source: 2 x 3.7 V LiPO Accu
- Power consumption: 20 µA
- Accu service life: approx. 1,000 charging cycles
- Dimensions: 5.5” (120 mm) x 3” (75 mm) x 0.4”(10 mm)
- Weight: approx. 6 ounce (150 g)
- Dimensions of probe: Ø 1.5” (40 mm) x 0.4” (10 mm)
- Length of probe cable: approx. 40” ( 1 meter )
- Operating temperature: 0 to 113° F / 0 to 45° C
- Base Accuracy: ± 5 %
While measuring, the UV-Probe Integrator can withstand max. 230°F / 110°C for up to 10 seconds. The temperature of the housing should not exceed 113°F / 45°C. Because of uneven radiation distribution of the UV light source and different type of construction of the measuring devices by different manufacturers, different readings may appear under the same measurement conditions.
In order to keep its full function and precision it is recommended to have re-calibration done once per year. Re-calibration will also be necessary after change of battery. PTB traceable calibration with certificate