UV Intensity Labels for UV Exposure Measurement
UV INTENSITY LABELS™ photochromic intensity indicators are a basic, reliable, low cost, simple, in-house method of monitoring UV intensity. When exposed to UV, the yellow labels undergo a gradual color change from yellow to blue that is directly related to the energy value received.
Made from the same exclusive material as the UV FastCheck Strips™, the UV Intensity Labels™ (N010-005) have the same color changing principle as the Strips, but they have only 1 color changing square. The UV-C Intensity Labels (N010-004) offer an improved response to the UV-C spectrum, providing a better visual indication for lower power germicidal applications.
Please Note: The UV-C Intensity Label (N010-004) is not a narrow band UV-C product, it is broad band and therefore still reactive to UVA and UVB. It’s response to UVC energy is however significantly better than the original UV Intensity Label (N010-005).
The UV Intensity Labels have much greater color shift and are not subject to increasing color changes at elevated temperatures.
The adhesive backed label is placed on a sample product or substrate and processed to proper cure rate. The color deviation can easily be measured with a spectrophotometer to record color change or by comparing the colors to test labels created to known operating standards to determine lamp failure or processing inconsistency.
NOTE: For best results, observe color change immediately after exposure to UV light as label may change/fade over time.
Using an X-RITE™ RM200QC Spectrocolorimeter, you can monitor the color change results,
If used on a regular basis, these labels can detect equipment problems at an early enough stage to prevent lengthy shutdowns. Daily tests can easily indicate a step by step calibration for an accurate reference within each batch.
The UV INTENSITY LABELS™ are especially useful in systems where other instruments are not practical, such as 3-D curing, web coating, container printing, medical sterilization, etc.
X-Rite RM200QC SpectrocolorimeterM003-040
Delivery time : 3-4 weeks
UV Intensity LabelsN010-005
Delivery time : 10-12 days
UV-C Intensity LabelsN010-004
Delivery time : 10-12 days
- The UV Intensity Labels™ measure the entire UV spectrum
- Accurate visual determination of UV dose made possible
- Monitor UV dose in difficult-to-access curing environments
- Detect UV lamp degradation and equipment failures
- Provide the user with periodic assurance that their UV source is performing to expectations
- Greater rate of color change provides clearer, more precise UV dose determination
- Determine the dose profile in the 3D curing chambers or across wide webs to ensure even cure
- Measure the dose of sunlight in outdoor curing applications
- Evaluate and compare multiple UV light sources
SPECIFICATIONS: N010-005 UV Intensity Labels
The UV Intensity Labels™ are available in packages of 990 labels (9 sheets of 110 labels per sheet). The UV Intensity Labels Dimensions: 19mm x 25mm.
SPECIFICATIONS: N010-004 UV-C Intensity Labels
UV-C Intensity Labels are available in packages of 550 labels (10 sheets of 55 labels per sheet.) UV-C Intensity Labels Dimensions: 12mm x 19mm.
- Shelf life is currently rated at 12 months minimum.
- Usage well beyond current rating is possible with proper storage.
- Store in the original packaging out of direct light and away from excessive heat or moisture.
- Store package flat, not vertical.
- Ideal storage location is within a cool and dry location like a drawer.